Thursday, March 25, 2010

247 - Del Unser


About This Player
Del Unser played 15 seasons in the Major Leagues.  Unser made his major league debut in 1968 for the Washington Senators.  In that year, he came in second place for Rookie of the Year.  Unser played only one year for the Indians in 1972 where he started in center field and right field.  Unser would later be traded to the Phillies before the 1973 season.

Del's father, Al Unser,  played four seasons from 1942 through 1945 with the Tigers and Reds.

About This Card
Whenever I look at any Cleveland Indians cards from the set, I always think of the Cincinnati Reds.  The "C" logo looks just like the Reds "C" except in blue.  The "INDIANS" font on the jersey looks very similar to the "CINCINNATI" font on the Reds' away jerseys.

I believe this card came in one of the two lots I bought to start the set.  Whenever I've built a set from the 70's, I have started off with a lot or two of cards from each set.

No comments:

Post a Comment